Important note: These coilovers require a set of core spindles and can take 6-8 weeks to manufacture (these are built to order in Holland using your spindles).
They do not utilize inserts for the strut housings - core spindles have the original strut tubes removed, then they are bored and new cylinders which are externally threaded for adjustable spring perches and swaybar mounts are welded in place. Then the monotube struts are built inside the cylinders for the maximum diameter and piston size.
The AST 4200 double adjustable (compression and rebound) coilover kit will transform the handling of your car. Whether you're upgrading from stock or improving on existing upgrades. An excellent set up for a dedicated track car or for a car that sees regular street use. This complete kit is everything you need to bolt on a race level suspension.
Building a race car? Upgrading from sport or twin tube set ups? The 4200's are race level quality and performance and offer a significant advantage over typical Prepared/GTS set ups. The multiple adjustments for each compression and rebound will allow discrete tuning capabilities to help you get that last 10% out of your car.
The 4200 Series shocks use AST’s Twin Piston Dual Adjust (TPDA) technology. Similar non adjustable versions have been found in the highest forms of racing. TPDA builds on this technology to allow for 2 adjustment knobs to be mounted on the shock body (no tools required). Quick rebound and compression changes can be made in the pits in seconds. 4200s are fully customizable and rebuildable.
Custom valving available, inquire.
- 2x Front AST Double Adjustable (12 position adjustable each Compression and Rebound) Monotube Strut Spindles
- 2x Rear AST Double Adjustable (12 position adjustable each Compression and Rebound) Monotube Shocks
- AST upper spring perches for 60mm springs, for use on the front struts and your OEM upper strut mounts
- AST rear ride height adjusters and nylon rear spring alignment platforms
- AST Tool Kit
Optional parts (prices shown below are cummulative):
- 4x 60mm springs (H&R, Hyperco, Swift) - a selection of rates/lengths are available
- 1x pair of Vorshlag front E30 Camber/Caster plates
- 2x spherical rear shock mounts
- E30 325i, 325iS, 325iC, 325iX (inquire), and M3